Best Vegetable Side Dishes. Including vegetables in each meal can help your family develop the healthiest eating habits. The good news is that you do not have to settle for bland and uninteresting vegetables.
They can also be quite tasty!
Today’s focus is on transforming these nutrient-dense ingredients into delectable side dishes. Looking for the ideal vegetable side dishes to add to your meals? I’m here to provide you with 3 Best Vegetable Side Dishes Easily To Cook that will nourish both your body and your soul. I hope you don’t forego the main course!
Best Vegetable Side Dishes – Roasted vegetables
Roasted early summer vegetables are the season’s side dish. This simple sheet pan recipe includes all of our favorite seasonal vegetables, including carrots, potatoes, asparagus, radishes, and parsnips. It’s a simple dish to prepare and cook. You literally chop your vegetables, toss them with seasoning, and bake them.
Furthermore, you can customize the recipe with whatever vegetables you have on hand. It’s a simple side dish to serve for dinner or with a holiday meal.
- A half-sheet baking pan, as well as the following ingredients, are required to make these simple roasted spring vegetables:
- Using any vegetables such as russet potatoes, asparagus, carrots, radishes, and parsnips as spring vegetables.
- You can also use any other vegetables you have on hand, such as snap peas as well as spring onions.
- Seasoning: Soy sauce, salt, balsamic vinegar, pepper, olive oil seasoning
How to make:
Then you must complete two basic steps:
- Mix the ingredients together. Combine the potatoes, carrots, radishes, asparagus, parsnips, and garlic in a large mixing bowl (or straightforwardly on a sheet pan). Season with salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, soy sauce, and vinegar, and drizzle with olive oil. Toss everything together until evenly coated.
- Bake. Arrange the vegetable mixture on a large half-sheet baking pan in a single layer. 30–35 minutes, or until tender as well as golden brown. To ensure even cooking, gently shake the sheet pan halfway through baking.
Best Vegetable Side Dishes – Honey-roasted carrot
Soft sweetened honey-roasted carrots are easy and inexpensive—but you’d never guess it based on how delicious they are! The idea of This honey-roasted carrot comes together quickly and simply with olive oil, baby carrots, honey, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Because fresh carrots don’t spoil quickly, you probably have everything you need for these honey-roasted carrots on hand at all times, making this an excellent recipe for spontaneous cooks. It also goes well with almost any main dish meal. Everybody will desire seconds of these flavors.
A sizable half-sheet baking pan and a handful of simple ingredients are required to make easy honey-roasted carrots:
- 1 pound of baby carrots, or 1 to 2 bunches, are required. Baby carrots are smaller than medium carrots and retain their stems.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and honey
- Optional fresh parsley for garnishing on top
How to make:
- Such honey-roasted carrots are the simplest side dish to make. Toss everything onto a baking sheet and bake.
- Put the carrots on a half-sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper. Then, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Toss the carrots with the glaze to combine. Organize carrots in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400°F for 25-35 minutes, or until tender. The roasting time will vary depending on how thick your carrots are. Thicker carrots will require more time to cook. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving (optional).
Best Vegetable Side Dishes – Pesto asparagus
Pesto asparagus is a simple and quick side dish that elevates sautéed asparagus to new heights. In just fifteen minutes, you can make this flavor-packed but simple side dish.
Asparagus has a wonderful natural flavor that is enhanced by balsamic vinegar, pesto, and pine nuts — not to mention garlic, of course. This spring side dish is a crowd-pleaser. It’s nutritious, vegan, and gluten-free. Serve it with your favorite Easter dinner mains, spring dinners, or any dinner this week.
To make this simple and quick Pesto Asparagus, you’ll need the following ingredients (full amounts are listed in the recipe card below):
- Oil from vegetables
- Trimmed asparagus, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Pepper and salt
- Vinegar (balsamic)
- Roasted peanuts or pine nuts
How to make:
- Asparagus, sauté In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Sauté the asparagus until golden brown, about 3-5 mins.
- Season to taste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Toss in the pesto. Turn the heat down low. Cook until the asparagus is soft, about 1-2 minutes, after adding the pesto and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve. Serve immediately with pine nuts (as well as roasted peanuts).
Here are the 3 Best Vegetable Side Dishes we would like to share with you. Please leave a comment and a rating to just let me know what you thought of this collection of best vegetable side dishes.